Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's Official, Romney is Out!

I watched Mitt Romnet speak at the CPAC convention.
I have to agree with everything he said concerning the war on terror.

This effectively hands McCain the GOP nomination.
Yeah, Huckabee may get a few delegates, but he never really stood a chance.

So the question remains, Where does a conservative voter go on election day?

McCain needs our (gun owners) support to win the general election. There are no two
ways about it. We are 80,000,000 strong. That is many times more people then will show
up and vote at the 2008 elections. No, as a gun owner I am not lamenting the loss of Romney.
But what we are left with is no plate full of sunshine either.

We as gun owners need to make our voice heard.
If we fail to do this the blood of freedom and liberty will be on our hands.

As a gun owner, conservative and gun rights activist, the choices we have for the highest office in the land scare the hell out of me.

The only hope we have is to keep from losing conservative seats on capital hill. - grumpy



Romney will suspend his presidential campaign
February 7, 2008
ASSOCIATED PRESS
UPDATED AT 12:20 P.M.: WASHINGTON — Republican Mitt Romney will suspend his presidential campaign, effectively conceding the party's nomination to Arizona Sen. John McCain, the Associated Press is reporting.
Romney, a MIchigan native and son of the late governor George Romney, is scheculed to speak to the Conservative Political Action Conference this afternoon. The AP said the former Massachusetts governor will say: “If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or (Barack) Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror..
Advertisement
OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');


document.write('');
“This is not an easy decision for me. I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters ... many of you right here in this room ... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming president. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, I feel I must now stand aside, for our party and for our country.”

No comments: